In this Business & Money video tutorial you will learn how to read a balance sheet in accounting. Yu can learn to read it quickly and easily as to where the company‚Äôs came from, where it went and where it is now. There are four main financial statements; balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements and statements of shareholder equity. In the balance sheet, under assets are listed things that the company owns that have value. Liabilities are amounts of money company owes to others. Shareholders‚Äô equity is also referred to as capital or net worth. If a company is sold and all debts are paid, shareholders‚Äô equity is what is left. Assets = liabilities + shareholder equity. Assets are listed depending on how quickly they can be converted in to cash. Current assets are those that can be converted within a year. Non-current assets are fixed assets like trucks, office furniture and other property. Watch the video for a demonstration of the balance sheet and further instructions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades